Waiting for Summer

Waiting for Summer

Sunday 23 November 2014

Fotoura - Street Awards 2014 Exhibition

I stopped by the Fotoura Street Awards 2014 Exhibition on Friday:


I had offered to take a photography for Larry Hallegua, who was one of the finalists.  Hallegua was previously a participant on a Maciej Dakowicz workshop, so this gives me great hope!!

Here is Hallegua's series as exhibited:


I really like the way the series is constructed with the linkage in theme and composition between each photograph.  The "wish I'd seen that" shot for me is the third one, of the two airline pilots/stewards playing with their phones hiding behind their luggage and hats.  I love the confusing illusion Hallegua has created.

I also enjoyed looking at another finalist, Gareth Bragdon, who I've been following on Flickr for a while:


Bragdon creates a bizarre, mysterious, sinister almost ghoulish world in his photography and it's just wonderful to look at.  How he sees a situation and translates into these strange scenes is just amazing.

Congratulations to both of them!


Websites

No comments:

Post a Comment